[j-ball] Re: a request for help

  • Jim Allen
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2000
      Dan,
      I plucked your message from the Jball list. As a fellow SABR member, I'd be
      happy to answer your questions. Hopefully I'll be at the games as well, but
      my paper has one pass and I'll have to fight for it.

    • drivkin@tribune.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2000
        Hi and thanks for getting back to me. One problem, you sent your reply to the
        whole list -- I don't know who you are or how to get to you! Drop me a line at
        drivkin@... if you could -- that'd be great.

        And thanks to everyone so far who have gotten back to me. I appreciate all the
        help I'm being offered (and plan to take up)..

        -Dan
        drivkin@...
        Subject: [j-ball] Re: a request for help
        From: j-ball@egroups.com at Internet_TCO
        Date: 3/1/00 11:59 PM

        Dan,
        I plucked your message from the Jball list. As a fellow SABR member, I'd be
        happy to answer your questions. Hopefully I'll be at the games as well, but
        my paper has one pass and I'll have to fight for it.

        At 2:42 PM -0600 00.2.29, <drivkin@...> wrote:
        > Konichiwa --
        >
        > I'm a first time poster to the list, after lurking for a number of
        >months.
        >
        > To introduce myself, I'm Dan Rivkin and I'm lucky enough to be covering
        >the Mets
        > vs. Cubs series at the Tokyo Dome (as well as the two exhibition games
        >against
        > the Seibu Lions and the Yomiuri Giants) for the Internet Chicago Tribune.
        > I'll be writing and producing for the web site plenty of stories once I
        >get
        > there; I'm also working on a number of stories that I'd like to have
        >written
        > before the trip.
        >
        > I've already written to a small handful fellow SABR members seeking their
        >help
        > out and now I'll turn to my fellow j-ball listers.
        >
        > I'd like to know if anyone out there (and certainly, the more the
        >merrier) have
        > the time to answer a series of questions -- They'd be on different
        >subjects
        > from how the Japanese media is covering the Mets-Cubs series to specific
        > questions about some of the Japanese professional teams and other
        >questions.
        > I'd like the information not only for background, but also to get a
        >point-of-
        > view and quotes from baseball fans in Japan.
        >
        > If anyone out there could reply to me personally (drivkin@...)
        >and let
        > me know if it's OK to send over some questions, that would be great. (I'm
        > guessing sending out questions individually would work best, unless
        >people think
        > a running dialogue on the list would be helpful).
        >
        > Also, feel free to ask me any questions from an American/Chicago
        >perspective
        > that can help out anyone on the list...
        >
        > Doomo arigato,
        > -Dan Rivkin
        > Sports producer, chicagotribune.com
        > drivkin@...

        > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as 0.0%
        > no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the credit
        >
        > eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/j-ball/

        GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
        as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.
        Apply NOW!
        http://click.egroups.com/1/975/5/_/17431/_/951922781/

        -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=j-ball&m=1