[j-ball] Yakyu, and a request for help

  • drivkin@tribune.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 29, 2000
      Konichiwa --

      I'm a first time poster to the list, after lurking for a number of months.

      To introduce myself, I'm Dan Rivkin and I'm lucky enough to be covering the Mets
      vs. Cubs series at the Tokyo Dome (as well as the two exhibition games against
      the Seibu Lions and the Yomiuri Giants) for the Internet Chicago Tribune.
      I'll be writing and producing for the web site plenty of stories once I get
      there; I'm also working on a number of stories that I'd like to have written
      before the trip.

      I've already written to a small handful fellow SABR members seeking their help
      out and now I'll turn to my fellow j-ball listers.

      I'd like to know if anyone out there (and certainly, the more the merrier) have
      the time to answer a series of questions -- They'd be on different subjects
      from how the Japanese media is covering the Mets-Cubs series to specific
      questions about some of the Japanese professional teams and other questions.
      I'd like the information not only for background, but also to get a point-of-
      view and quotes from baseball fans in Japan.

      If anyone out there could reply to me personally (drivkin@...) and let
      me know if it's OK to send over some questions, that would be great. (I'm
      guessing sending out questions individually would work best, unless people think
      a running dialogue on the list would be helpful).

      Also, feel free to ask me any questions from an American/Chicago perspective
      that can help out anyone on the list...

      Doomo arigato,
      -Dan Rivkin
      Sports producer, chicagotribune.com
      drivkin@...
    • Jim Allen
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 1, 2000
        Dan,
        I plucked your message from the Jball list. As a fellow SABR member, I'd be
        happy to answer your questions. Hopefully I'll be at the games as well, but
        my paper has one pass and I'll have to fight for it.

      • drivkin@tribune.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2000
          Hi and thanks for getting back to me. One problem, you sent your reply to the
          whole list -- I don't know who you are or how to get to you! Drop me a line at
          drivkin@... if you could -- that'd be great.

          And thanks to everyone so far who have gotten back to me. I appreciate all the
          help I'm being offered (and plan to take up)..

          -Dan
          drivkin@...
          Subject: [j-ball] Re: a request for help
          From: j-ball@egroups.com at Internet_TCO
          Date: 3/1/00 11:59 PM

          Dan,
          I plucked your message from the Jball list. As a fellow SABR member, I'd be
          happy to answer your questions. Hopefully I'll be at the games as well, but
          my paper has one pass and I'll have to fight for it.

          At 2:42 PM -0600 00.2.29, <drivkin@...> wrote:
          > Konichiwa --
          >
          > I'm a first time poster to the list, after lurking for a number of
          >months.
          >
          > To introduce myself, I'm Dan Rivkin and I'm lucky enough to be covering
          >the Mets
          > vs. Cubs series at the Tokyo Dome (as well as the two exhibition games
          >against
          > the Seibu Lions and the Yomiuri Giants) for the Internet Chicago Tribune.
          > I'll be writing and producing for the web site plenty of stories once I
          >get
          > there; I'm also working on a number of stories that I'd like to have
          >written
          > before the trip.
          >
          > I've already written to a small handful fellow SABR members seeking their
          >help
          > out and now I'll turn to my fellow j-ball listers.
          >
          > I'd like to know if anyone out there (and certainly, the more the
          >merrier) have
          > the time to answer a series of questions -- They'd be on different
          >subjects
          > from how the Japanese media is covering the Mets-Cubs series to specific
          > questions about some of the Japanese professional teams and other
          >questions.
          > I'd like the information not only for background, but also to get a
          >point-of-
          > view and quotes from baseball fans in Japan.
          >
          > If anyone out there could reply to me personally (drivkin@...)
          >and let
          > me know if it's OK to send over some questions, that would be great. (I'm
          > guessing sending out questions individually would work best, unless
          >people think
          > a running dialogue on the list would be helpful).
          >
          > Also, feel free to ask me any questions from an American/Chicago
          >perspective
          > that can help out anyone on the list...
          >
          > Doomo arigato,
          > -Dan Rivkin
          > Sports producer, chicagotribune.com
          > drivkin@...

          > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa! ZERO! Rates as low as 0.0%
          > no hidden fees, and much more! Get NextCard today and get the credit
          >
          > eGroups.com Home: http://www.egroups.com/group/j-ball/

          GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
          as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no hidden fees.
          Apply NOW!
          http://click.egroups.com/1/975/5/_/17431/_/951922781/

          -- http://www.egroups.com/ChatPage?listName=j-ball&m=1