[j-ball] Re: on-line games

  • Bob Timmermann
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 30, 2000
      From: Wesley Johnson
      To: j-ball@egroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2000 10:19 AM
      Subject: [j-ball] on-line games

      Residing in the U.S. as of present, I was wondering if there were any ways
      to possibly receive an internet broadcast live (like they have in the the
      U.S. sometimes) of Japanese games, or perhaps a better way to "watch" the
      game other than clicking RELOAD every five minutes on a boxscore.

      If you can read some Japanese characters, you can try this site
      http://datastadium.asobous.co.jp/baseball/applet/popup.html
      during the season. There are pitch-by-pitch updates and each pitch is
      identified by type and speed. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what happens
      on a more unusual play (like one with an error), but most of the time it
      works fine. Last season, there weren't live feed available from every
      stadium and I don't think "countryside" games are covered.

      If you're in the States and you don't want to stay up in to the wee hours of
      the morning, there is a replay function. I used that for the Japan Series.