[j-ball] Re:Swallows

  • Jim Allen
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 18, 2000
      At 7:00 AM -0800 00.1.13, Abhay Panda wrote:
      >I am a diehard Yakults fan. All the
      > other things i said is true, and I love the Yakults. I started
      > watching baseball in 1990, when Yakults ended in fifth place. I was
      > inspired by catcher Atsuya Furuta, even though he didn't play as good
      > as he did a few years ago, his catching was awesome. Anwayz, I have a
      > question: does anybody around here know Jim Allen?

      Yes, and I'm a Swallows fan even while working for Yomiuri. I got to be a
      fan because 13 years ago I had a friend who was a rabid Swallows fan who
      had been going to medical school in 1978 and his dormitory was near Jingu
      while the Swallows were winning their first pennant under manager Tatsuro
      Hirooka.

      Jim Allen
    • Jim Allen
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 18, 2000
        At 7:00 AM -0800 00.1.13, Abhay Panda wrote:
        >I am a diehard Yakults fan. All the
        > other things i said is true, and I love the Yakults. I started
        > watching baseball in 1990, when Yakults ended in fifth place. I was
        > inspired by catcher Atsuya Furuta, even though he didn't play as good
        > as he did a few years ago, his catching was awesome. Anwayz, I have a
        > question: does anybody around here know Jim Allen?

        Yes, and I'm a Swallows fan too, even while working for Yomiuri. I got to