[j-ball] Don, Dan

  • Rob Magee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2000
      Thanks for the reply, Bob. Don Carlson -- yeah, that's him, from the
      description in the article. Dan, Don. Either I misread the katakana or
      the Nikkan writer guessed wrong when putting it into kana. Either is
      possible.

      The article mentioned he was American (so why is he working with the
      Aussie team? Right.), that he had come up with the Giants in 1989 or
      so, moved through the Devil Rays (Devilrays?) and D-backs. 29, righty.
      Something like a career 1-0 record with a 9-point-something ERA? Is
      there anything there that doesn't show in those numbers? Does he have
      some skills that didn't translate into success in the majors but might
      in Japan? Just curious.

      Rob