No mass attacks seen yet...

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001
      At least from my vantage point, it appears that the rumors of widespread
      attacks surrounding the millenium changeover have failed to materialize.

      FC
      --
      Fred Cohen at Sandia National Laboratories at tel:925-294-2087 fax:925-294-1225
      Fred Cohen & Associates: http://all.net - fc@... - tel/fax:925-454-0171
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001
        I did not think any attacks on new year eve would be coming. The chances
        were remote.

        Regards,
        Ozair

        At least from my vantage point, it appears that the rumors of widespread
        attacks surrounding the millenium changeover have failed to materialize.

        FC
        --
        Fred Cohen at Sandia National Laboratories at tel:925-294-2087
        fax:925-294-1225
        Fred Cohen & Associates: http://all.net - fc@... -
        tel/fax:925-454-0171
        Fred Cohen - Practitioner in Residence - The University of New Haven
        This communication is confidential to the parties it is intended to
        serve.
        PGP keys: https://all.net/pgpkeys.html - Have a great day!!!

        ------------------
        http://all.net/
      • MAGLAN 1
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001
          Except the night of the 30th (Dec. 30, 2000) when 81 Israelis web site were
          defaced (up to now almost 100 !).
          Mass? - At least for the 'Israeli proportions'

          Regards,
          ------------------------------ :)
          MAGLAN - Information Warfare Research Lab.

          > I did not think any attacks on new year eve would be coming. The chances
          > were remote.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Ozair

        • Rob Hughes
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001
            I'd be more inclined to call a "coast clear" after the work week starts
            and school resumes when all the systems that have been shut down over
            the holidays start coming back online. Otherwise, I tend to agree.

            It would not surprise me to find out I'm wrong, however.

            Rob Hughes
            Network Analyst
            Voice (H) (972) 918-0980
            Voice (W) (972) 856-3232
            Voice (C) (214) 282-7996
            Email rob@..., rhughes@...
            > Subject: [iwar] No mass attacks seen yet...
            >

            > At least from my vantage point, it appears that the rumors of
            > widespread
            > attacks surrounding the millenium changeover have failed to
            > materialize.
            >
            > FC
            > --
            > Fred Cohen at Sandia National Laboratories at
            > tel:925-294-2087 fax:925-294-1225
            > Fred Cohen & Associates: http://all.net - fc@... -
            > tel/fax:925-454-0171
            > Fred Cohen - Practitioner in Residence - The University
            > of New Haven
            > This communication is confidential to the parties it is
            > intended to serve.
            > PGP keys: https://all.net/pgpkeys.html - Have a great day!!!

          • David Kennedy CISSP
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001

              --
              Regards,

              David Kennedy CISSP
              Director of Research Services, TruSecure Corp. http://www.trusecure.com
              Protect what you connect.
              Look both ways before crossing the Net.
            • B.K. DeLong
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001
                At 01:45 PM 01/01/2001 -0500, David Kennedy CISSP wrote:
                >Confirmed by who and how? Not observed in/on Attrition, HNN or
                >similar sources. Not observed in technical or general media,
                >clipping services, JPost, Ha'aretz etc.

                He may be referring to the Dec 29th Mass defacement:
                http://www.attrition.org/mirror/attrition/2000/12/29/www.yehud.co.il/

                by WFD
              • MAGLAN 1
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001
                  Per the message - Confirmed by whom and how ... Just few :
                  1. The official Israeli News channel ('Koal Israel' = the Vice of Israel).
                  2. Israeli Tec news 'Sivan.com', 'Walla.co.il'.
                  3. MAGLAN monitoring systems.
                  4. As was written by Mr. DeLong before see at http://www.attrition.org

                  One more point - I wrote long time ago, "in order to perform at least an
                  'over the media' follow up for the Middle-east Cyber Conflict reading
                  capabilities required in: Arabic, Hebrew, Russian and English (lately
                  Spanish become very important as well).

                  MAGLAN - Information Warfare Research Lab.

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 1, 2001