Use of information technology with communications
- Use of information technology with communications for real time tasks.
Loopt cell phone/gps service is enabling groups to have some of the
advantages of a netcentric U.S. military at low cost.
The extra Loopt advantages are available for a group of 10 people for
$30/month, to provide additional situational awareness.
Here is the technology available to an urban guerilla group:
1. Tracking other participants by GPS position on a map via cell
2. Cell phone voice communication coupled with caller id for good
3. Phone to phone (keyboard to keyboard) spectrum-conserving text
4. One to many messaging for hierarchical command and control -
selected group messaging is available
5. Transmit photos from each cell phone, allowing simultaneous views
of a location of interest from different vantage points
6. Transmit arbitrary text messages that are relatively secure from
automated interception by using .....
7. Asynchronous delivery of voice or text messages. Cell phones can
be left unpowered to avoid detection, and turned on briefly to
receive recorded messages.
8. Real time tracking services for a subject of interest with a Loopt-
activated phone by using a quick-attach method on the roof of a
vehicle or a backpack or other carried object.
The contents of this e-mail message are confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient,
please delete immediately.