information warfare definition history

  • Vernon Stagg
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2000
      Hi guys,

      just a quick question.

      Who first defined/coined the phrase "information warfare" ??

      I guess its concept appeared in the Tofflers "Third Wave" in 1980
      while Campen acknowledges Thomas Rona as defining the phrase
      "information warfare" in 1976 http://www.us.net/signal/AIP/intro.html

      This site http://www.uni.pt/cursos/pos-grad/pos_grad_ciencet_inform_ing.htm
      also acknowledges Rona, as well as Vieira in 1645 fof the concept on infowar.

      Any takers ?

      Vernon

      Vernon Stagg B.Sc(Hons)
      Department of Computing and Mathematics
      Deakin University, Geelong, Victoria
      Australia, 3217

      email: vstagg@...
      web : http://www3.cm.deakin.edu.au/~vstagg

      Involved in PhD research - Information Warfare.