news

    Message 1 of 253 , Sep 7, 2001
      FBI denies racism in Web host raid An 80-strong U.S. terrorism task
      force raided the Texas-based host of Arabic Web sites, including that of
      the Arab world's leading independent news channel, prompting charges
      Thursday of an "anti- Muslim witch hunt." But the FBI, which took part
      in the raid Wednesday at privately held InfoCom in the Dallas suburb of
      Richardson, denied any anti-Arab bias and said it was executing an
      unspecified federal search warrant.
      http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-7080459.html

      All-but-secret battle rages over fate of airwaves Forget Star Wars, the
      moniker for missile defense, which looms ahead as one of the classic
      Washington battles, pitting skeptical Democrats in Congress against a
      determined president and his Republican congressional leaders. It has
      already received tons of ink and airtime. There is another battle ahead
      that has been virtually ignored in newspapers and on the airwaves that
      will dwarf Star Wars. Call it "Spectrum Wars."
      http://www.usatoday.com/news/comment/2001-09-05-ncguest1.htm

      Security workers: Copyright law stifles Two well-known computer security
      experts pulled down their works from the Internet this week for fear of
      being prosecuted under 1998's Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Along
      with the threatened lawsuit of Princeton computer-science professor
      Edward Felten, and the arrest of Russian encryption expert Dmitry
      Sklyarov, the incidents are the latest to point at what is quickly
      becoming a touchy environment for security experts.
      http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-7079519.html
      http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,5096701,00.html

      Security Expert's DMCA Protest Rallies Supporters
      http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/169829.html
    • Glenn Williamson
      Message 253 of 253 , Sep 7, 2001
        Fred and all,

        I understand the need for information as it relates to IWAR, but I do not
        see how a story that pertains to billions of burgers served at
        establishments throughout the world involves IWAR. I may be wrong, but what
        one perceives as IWAR now encompasses burger joints and how they get their
        product to market. I am not in agreement with certain companies and the way
        they conduct business, but does it relate to IWAR, unless by generating this
        information across communication channels, one considers it Information
        Warfare and gaining support for Anti-McDonald's Day.

        Ok, that was my 2 cents, I will not say they are right, no offence to
        Mcd's but there will always be people who protest. Does it = IWAR or
        Information Propaganda.

        Glenn Williamson