Getting the Facts Out - Announcing "FACT SQUAD" (fwd)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2001
      PFIR - People For Internet Responsibility - http://www.pfir.org
      Getting the Facts Out - Announcing "FACT SQUAD"
      September 6, 2001
      http://www.pfir.org/factsquad-announce

      PFIR has now set up a structure that we hope can provide assistance in
      filling this fact gap. We've created "Fact Squad" -- its home page,
      which describes the project in more detail, is at:

      http://www.factsquad.org

      Fact Squad is oriented specifically towards folks who need straightforward,
      direct, and largely "jargon-free" information about these topics. It is a
      coordinated resource for media, researchers, or anyone else -- cutting
      through the hype and getting to the facts.

      Fact Squad by itself obviously cannot be the complete solution to the
      long-festering and worsening problems of manipulated information and
      propaganda relating to technical issues and their impact on society.
      But we think it's potentially an important step in the right direction.