news

    Message 1 of 253 , Apr 3, 2001
      [FC - preparations for war?]

      Chinese Feds demand computer virus samples China's Ministry of Public
      Security has been requiring Western anti-virus vendors to supply samples
      of malicious code as a condition of doing business with Mainland
      consumers, the Wall Street Journal reports. The official Chinese
      explanation would have us believe that the secret police have lately
      gone into the consumer protection business by claiming that the samples
      are necessary to enable the Feds to test the effectiveness of the
      software being sold.

    • Glenn Williamson
      Message 253 of 253 , Sep 7, 2001
        Fred and all,

        I understand the need for information as it relates to IWAR, but I do not
        see how a story that pertains to billions of burgers served at
        establishments throughout the world involves IWAR. I may be wrong, but what
        one perceives as IWAR now encompasses burger joints and how they get their
        product to market. I am not in agreement with certain companies and the way
        they conduct business, but does it relate to IWAR, unless by generating this
        information across communication channels, one considers it Information
        Warfare and gaining support for Anti-McDonald's Day.

        Ok, that was my 2 cents, I will not say they are right, no offence to
        Mcd's but there will always be people who protest. Does it = IWAR or
        Information Propaganda.

        Glenn Williamson