RE: Antwort: [iwar] Just a simple question--part-2

  • Ozair
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2001
      It is a teaser all right, but I guess it should not tease a wrong way.

      The 85-88 gap is just to make things crystal clear, and at the same time to
      challenge the world watchers (members of IW think tank) not take into
      account of the political turmoil in Russia that led to its withdrawal from
      Afghanistan and subsequent breakup of former Soviet Union into many small
      states, and at the same time birth of the European Union Concept (late 88,
      but still within the period), but I have distracted from the main topic
      relating to IW.

      Coming back to it, I would like you to visit these sites that I have
      mentioned below, and then tell me where do you see Russia, Europe or Asia.
      My choice of these sites were mainly due to their popularity and supposed
      authenticity as reliability is key to their business. The misconception
      (please allow me to use this word) presented by www.lonelyplanet.com shows
      Russia to be a part of Europe, technically making Europe larger than US, now
      this is something to marvel at.

      http://www.lonelyplanet.com/destinations/

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/default.stm

      http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/europe/default.stm

      At this stage, I would ask the members of this group to find reasons for
      this "change". I do have my views, but it would be worthwhile to hear
      something from all of you.

      Regards,
      Ozair