Great divides

    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 16 6:19 AM
      Per the message sent by Ozair:

      > It is a very altruistic thought but I think it is a little more than just
      > letting bygones be bygones and both sides joining hands. The divides are
      > deeper and we have seen that no amount of "charm" by Clinton could even get
      > them to agree on one single point.

      Is it deeper than the divides created by slavery in the US, or aparthide
      in S. Africa, or between the Indian people and Great Brittain early in
      the 20th century?

      I'm not saying they should all go out and hug and kiss each other. I'm
      just saying that as long as they keep doing what they are doing, they
      will keep destroying the opportunities of their peoples' for peace,
      prosperity, and happiness.

      To bring it back to the topic at hand, I think that the reason this
      conflict continues is because of the perception management efforts of
      the leadership on both sides, and not because there is any great divide
      between the peoples. If the leadership keeps this up, we will soon get
      to a situation where nobody remembers anything but hatred, and that will
      be a far harder situation to cure that the one we have had.

      I fear that as the people who were alive and adult when the UN created
      the State of Israel die off, there will be nobody left to remember that
      the Palestinians and Jews of that region were not always at war with
      each other. Unless people of this generation can come to peace with
      each other, their conflict will be revisited on their children and their
      children's children.

      FC
      --
      Fred Cohen at Sandia National Laboratories at tel:925-294-2087 fax:925-294-1225
      Fred Cohen & Associates: http://all.net - fc@... - tel/fax:925-454-0171