786RE: [iwar] The Middle East InfoWar Conflict - Update

  • Ozair
    Dec 8, 2000
      Good comments, but just one thing though. It seems to be lopsided against
      Palestinians, calling them terrorists on Electronic frontier, we have to
      remember that the internet is a place where a 14 year old kid has the same
      tools as 40 year man, and perhaps more free time and a lot more know-how,
      this means that tools and power is un-balanced. In a world outside the
      cyberspace we see a different story where 14 yr old kid is puny as compared
      to the 40 yr old. And if 40 yr old can over power the 14 yr old due to
      physical prowess and can destabilize him economically but in cyber space
      things are evened out.

      In a programme on BBC on this very same topic pointed out that the cyber
      attacks are of equal match and frequency in the ME war.

      Besides, we have to realize that Palestinians have very small (it may be
      right to call none) number of commercial sites while the Isrealees have
      many, making the susceptible to attacks. Therefore the number of hits on
      Israeli sites are many.

      These were my two bits,
      Ozair