(IE) Healthy fast foods for winter

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005
      That favourite of winter comfort foods, bangers and mash, is now on
      the menu at the Epicurean Food Hall on Middle Abbey Street and Liffey
      Street in Dublin city centre.

      Set up by partners Gail Finegan and Darren Walsh three months ago,
      Bangers and Mash serves seven varieties of hand-made sausages and
      seven types of mashed potatoes, including vegetarian and
      vegan-friendly versions of both.

      "We noticed so many sandwich, panini and bagel bars in the city lately
      and wanted to introduce healthy fast food that is more suitable to our
      climate and palate," said Finegan, a full-time graphic designer.

      Finegan is also a vegetarian and introduced organic tofu sausages and
      dairy-free soy milk mash to cater for vegetarians and customers with
      food intolerances. There is a choice of gravy too – red onion or
      shitake mushroom – and condiments that are suitable for vegetarians.

      http://www.sbpost.ie/post/pages/p/story.aspx-qqqid=10735-qqqx=1.asp

      More News Headlines -- RSS Feed!
      New Links -- Archive of 100 recent links!
      Events, E-Mail Lists, Jobs, Organizations, and Forums