(CA) Food and fitness for sexy seniors

  • Animalconcerns Community
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2005
      [from Common Ground.ca]

      Life begins after your first half century. For many of us, age 50 is
      not the end of the road; it's the beginning. If you can relate to
      this, consider what new ventures you have undertaken since you turned
      50, 60, or 70. I know a number of women who are having the best sex
      ever at this stage of life.
      A fun-filled and inspiring new book is Senior Fitness by Ruth
      Heidrich, PhD (Lantern Books, 2005, available at Banyen and other
      bookstores). This particular Dr. Ruth, who divides her time between
      White Rock, BC and Honolulu is an inspiration in herself; she has held
      three world records for her age group at the Cooper Clinic in Dallas
      and has won eight gold medals in the Senior Olympics. Ruth had breast
      cancer at age 47, made some life style changes, and now has been
      cancer free for over two decades.
      Though vegan, I make sure my calcium intake meets recommended intakes,
      and my bone density is holding its own. Ruth has actually shown
      improved bone density since age 50, but she is a master athlete
      whereas I just potter along happily for an hour a day of some sort of
      exercise, mainly weight bearing.
      Vesanto Melina is a registered dietitian and author based near Fort
      Langley. She is co-author of Becoming Vegetarian, Becoming Vegan,
      Raising Vegetarian Children and of Dietitians of Canada's position
      paper on vegetarian diets. Consultations 604-888-8325 (clinic) or
      604-882-6782 (home office).
      www.nutrispeak.com

      http://www.commonground.ca/iss/0507168/cg168_vesanto.shtml

      -----
      http://www.animalconcerns.org/ - More News Headlines (RSS Feed),
      Events, E-Mail Lists, Jobs, Organizations, and Forums (discussion
      boards), ! Try searching for the news item on Animalconcerns.org!