(US-nh) Vegetarian cookbook gets good overhaul

  • Animalconcerns Community
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2005
      CONCORD, N.H. – Huge cookbooks generally annoy me.

      Sure, some of them are great. Cook's Illustrated's tome "The New Best
      Recipe" (America's Test Kitchen, 2004, $35) is one example. Its more
      than 1,000 recipes are well-written and thoroughly tested.
      When Vegetarian Times remade itself recently, it ditched most efforts
      to appeal to vegans, who make up only a tiny fraction of the people
      who eat vegetarian food. That trend is continued in this book.

      So, while many of the recipes in "Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook"
      are vegan, they are not clearly identified as such, something many
      other veg cookbooks do. This forces readers to sift through
      ingredients to see what's what.

      http://www.thenewstribune.com/soundlife/story/4912538p-4501239c.html

      -----
      http://www.animalconcerns.org/ - More News Headlines (RSS Feed),
      Events, E-Mail Lists, Jobs, Organizations, and Forums (discussion
      boards), ! Try searching for the news item on Animalconcerns.org!