- Sign up for the VegSource Newsletter at:
--------Current Issue: Midsummer Update
Got a few things you might be interested in.
1) We really hope to see as many VegSourcers as possible at the Healthy Lifestyle Expo this October 8 thru 10th here in Los Angeles! It's a one of a kind experience. Inspiring, fun, educational, and inexpensive. We've really made an effort to make it affordable this year. Food is great, speakers are phenomenal, and we love seeing our old friends and meeting some new ones.
We have added more exciting speakers, such as vegan superwoman and infomercial queen Susan Powter, and Michael Jacobson of the Center for Science in the Public Interest -- CSPI. Jacobson is the person who successfully fought Capitol Hill to get food labeling laws passed. Adding to his numerous achivements, he is now advocating for a shift to a vegetarian diet, and will be speaking on that topic at the Expo.
The number one way to support VegSource is to attend our conference, and be part of the family. You can buy your ticket online using our secure server:
Full details on the conference are here:
2) T. Colin Campbell PhD video added -- Dr. Campbell's presentation from last year's VegSource Conference is now online. To view his fascinating talk, visit
3) Check out the encouraging results from the largest vegan/vegetarian study, the Oxford-EPIC study, analyzed by noted statistician Paul Appleby:
4) Mothering Magazine recently went on the warpath against soy. John Robbins has written a cogent, thoughtful response at:
5) Michael Greger, MD, has put together the definitive Atkins information site, where you should consider sending any friends or loved ones seduced into low carb:
6) Share your favorite vegan recipe, win a trip to Hawaii! Expo sponsor Dole Nutrition Institute is running a contest this summer. Submit your plant-based recipe and you may be celebrating your creativity in Hawaii! Details at:
7) Finally, as a special favor, Peter Lamas of LamasBeauty is offering a buy one, get one free deal to VegSourcers -- buy one vegan Night Radiance kit, get a second one free! This kit contains some of Sabrina's favorite products -- a healthy makeup alternative that doesn't just conceal, it heals! See details here:
Peas and love,
Jeff & Sabrina
- Processed People Reviews!
Trailers for the new VegSource documentary PROCESSED PEOPLE -- have been
viewed over 59,000 times!
And viewer reactions are pouring in, like this one:
"This is the best movie I've ever seen on the connection between
health and diet. Wow! Just Wow!"
-- Saul Greenburg, Glendale, AZ
Processed PeopleClick here for PROCESSED PEOPLE reviews
If you haven't ordered your copy yet, order today and find out first
hand why so many people are very excited about this film!
Plus it helps keep VegSource going. So there's something in it for everyone!
Below: recent news and info you may be interested in.
Peas & love!
Jeff & Sabrina
CLICK ON LINKS TO THE FOLLOWING STORIES FROM THE FRONT of
Idaho's poor are fed mercury-filled fish
Hey, they're just poor people. Who cares, right?
Ocean Robbins: Continuing the Legacy
He's won major awards, watch his new film on the inaguration!
Temple Grandin: Using autism to make money killing animals
Exploding the killer's myth that autism gives Grandin a "special
connection" to animals.
Diet and world peace? Eat Raw Sunshine!
New site spotlights the connection between diet and peace.
What's this vegan thing all about anyway?
Jennifer Chaky went veg at age 15. Read why.
Healthy in just 7 minutes of exercise per week?
Just might be, if you have diabetes.
High Fructose Corn Syrup Contains Mercury
Please Help John Robbins and Family: Victims of Barnard Madoff Fraud
Click for details of how you can help our friends, the Robbins family,
who were defrauded in this terrible crime.
Avoiding the dangers of a vegan diet
Is a vegan diet safe?? TrueNorth has some info for you.
Eating right can save the planet
NY Times food columnist says Go for the veggies!
Appetite for frogs' legs wiping out frogs
If you eat up all the frogs, you won't have any left. Duh...
Eating all the fish out of the sea
Who needs diversity of sea life -- when it tastes so good!
Counterfeiting foods: Americans are doing it too
It's not what you ordered...but you'll never know.
Victory gardens here we come!
Let's cut reliance on mass produced foreign food.
Cutting calories improves memory
Eat low calorie foods like plants, and improve your memory!
Health has to do with income disparity
Filmmaker honored for work exposing what makes so many are sick.
Miami's Vice: Fast food and TV = unhealthiest
Salt Lake City is rated the healthiest.