(US) Both body and Earth need nurturing

  • Animalconcerns Info
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      [opinion from Poughkeepsie Journal]

      Growing up in suburban New Jersey, I wasn't exposed to a lot of
      alternative ideas about eating. Words like ''vegan,'' ''free-range''
      and ''genetically modified'' were typically not uttered at the dinner
      table.
      I'm not a card-carrying vegetarian, but I choose not to eat dead
      animals at home because I am concerned by the water consumption and
      pollution associated with the meat industry and because many of the
      world's food shortage problems could be solved if we ate the plants
      we so generously feed to animals.

      Not to mention the issues of animal cruelty, methane, antibiotics,
      hormones, or over-harvested fisheries.

      full story:
      http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/today/localnews/stories/lo083103s3.
      shtml

      Your Portal to More News Headlines, AR-News on the Web, Events,
      E-Mail Lists, JOBs, and Organizations! Try searching for the news
      item on Animalconcerns! http://www.animalconcerns.org/