Remembering Vegetarian Pioneer s – George Bedborough & friends

  • johnnysensible
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 19, 2013
      The first of a series of articles remembering 'forgotten' activists.

      99 years old plant-eating identical twins! – The Ernest Bell Memorial Library

      These wonderful vegetarian-themed children’s story books have survived for 99 years – but their original owners were less fortunate.

      Title: Stories from the Children’s Realm
      Author: George Bedborough
      Publisher: Vegetarian Federal Union
      Publication Date: 1914

      We are very, very fortunate to be looking after these 2 copies in our Ernest Bell Memorial Library. What makes them even more special is that both copies are inscribed by the author, George Bedborough.

      Having them side-by-side brought the word ‘twins’ to mind.

      Stories from the Children’s Realm is an exceedingly rare book. Copac lists only one other copy in The British Library. ........ - please click to read more - http://www.happycow.net/blog/?p=5520