Please Sign Our 2013 Petition Urging Money Instead of Chickens in Kaporos Rituals

  • UPC News
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 29 12:17 PM
      Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos - http://www.EndChickensAsKaporos.com/

      Please Sign Our 2013 Petition Urging Money
      Instead of Chickens in Kaporos Rituals

      http://www.change.org/petitions/urge-kaporos-practitioners-to-wave-money-instead-of-chickens-in-2013

      Kaporos observers “should be cultivating mercy for all those who suffer and
      not be perpetuating pain on sentient creatures in the name of piety.” –
      Orthodox Rabbi Shmuly Yanklowitz, A Yom Kippur of Mercy or Cruelty? | The
      Jewish Week.

      This year the Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos is directing our
      Change.org Petition to Rabbi Yehuda Krinsky, Director of Lubavitch World
      Headquarters in Brooklyn, NY.

      Please click on our Change.org Petition and add your signature, and if
      possible a few thoughtful words of your own, about why you are petitioning
      Lubavitch World Headquarters to urge Kaporos observers to wave money instead
      of chickens in the week leading up to Yom Kippur (the Jewish Day of
      Atonement) which this year starts at sunset September 13 and ends at
      nightfall September 14. Click on the Petition:

      http://www.change.org/petitions/urge-kaporos-practitioners-to-wave-money-instead-of-chickens-in-2013

      --
      The Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos is a project of United Poultry Concerns
      comprising an association of groups and individuals who seek to replace the use

      View this article online:
      http://www.EndChickensAsKaporos.com/130829petition.html