Chicken Kaporos Demos in Brooklyn: Please Join Us!

  • upcnews@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2013
      Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos - http://www.EndChickensAsKaporos.com/

      Chicken Kaporos Demos in Brooklyn: Please Join Us!

      Street Protests, Chicken Rescues, Moving Illuminated Billboards,
      New Posters! We Need YOU! September 10-12, 2013

      Dear Friends,

      Please join our 4th annual street protest in Brooklyn, NY against the cruel and
      needless use of chickens in Kaporos rituals. This year we're renting a "moving
      lit billboard" - a van with huge images illuminated on the sides and the back.

      Sept 10, 2013, 6 - 8 p.m.
      792 Eastern Parkway, (corner Kingston Ave.), Brooklyn, NY, 11213

      Sept 11, 2013, 6 - 8 p.m.
      502 Ave. P, (corner E. 5th Street), Brooklyn, NY, 11223

      Sept 12, 2013, 6 - 8 p.m.
      792 Eastern Parkway, (corner Kingston Ave.), Brooklyn, NY, 11213

      An activist Hasidic Rabbi has generously provided us with images, including one
      of himself tenderly holding a rooster, an audio file to BROADCAST FROM THE VAN
      URGING PRACTITIONERS TO USE MONEY, NOT CHICKENS, and translations of
      our messages into Hebrew along with English.

      We know it is difficult to attend a demo where animals are suffering and dying
      in front of us, but as hard as it is for us, it is infinitely harder for the
      chickens, and we must be there for them and show that we care.

      Please read A Wing and A Prayer for more information about the
      Kaporos (Kapparot) ritual.
      http://upc-online.org/kaparos/a_wing_and_a_prayer.html

      Please join us in Brooklyn to let the chickens know we're there for them.

      --

      The Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos is a project of United Poultry Concerns
      comprising an association of groups and individuals who seek to replace the use

      A Project of United Poultry Concerns

      View this article online:
      http://www.EndChickensAsKaporos.com/130820_kaporos_demos_in_brooklyn.html
    • UPC News
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 8, 2014
        Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos - http://www.EndChickensAsKaporos.com/

        Chicken Kaporos Demos in Brooklyn: Please Join Us!

        Street Protests, Chicken Rescues, Moving Illuminated Billboards,
        New Posters! We Need YOU!

        September 30-October 2, 2014

        Dear Friends,

        Please join our 5th annual street protest in Crown Heights Brooklyn, New York
        against the cruel and needless use of chickens in Kaporos rituals. Once again
        this year we're renting a van with huge illuminated images on the sides and the
        back.

        Protest dates / times:
        Tuesday Sept 30: 6 pm to 8 pm
        Wednesday Oct 1: 6 pm to 8 pm
        Thursday Oct 2: 6 pm to 8 pm

        Protest site is in Crown Heights, Brooklyn:
        792 Eastern Parkway, Brooklyn, NY 11213
        (Corner of Kingston Ave)

        Directions to Protest:
        This location is easily accessible by MTA/NY Transit Subway -
        Train to Kingston Ave Stop in Brooklyn.

        Here is a link to the Map:
        http://www.mapquest.com/?le=t&hk=4-plJ5d7nf&vs=

        We know it is difficult to attend a demo where animals are suffering and dying
        in front of us, but as hard as it is for us, it is infinitely harder for the
        chickens, and we must be there for them and show them and everyone that we care
        for them.

        Please read A Wing and A Prayer for more information about the Kaporos
        (Kapparot) ritual. Please join us in Brooklyn to let the chickens know we're
        there for them.
        A Wing and A Prayer:
        http://upc-online.org/kaparos/a_wing_and_a_prayer.html

        Please watch our 60-second video featuring Rabbi Yonassan Gershom,
        Kaporos: A Heartfelt Plea for Mercy.
        http://www.endchickensaskaporos.com/a_heartfelt_plea.html

        --
        The Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos is a project of United Poultry Concerns
        comprising an association of groups and individuals who seek to replace the use
        of chickens in Kaporos rituals with money or other non-animal symbols of
        atonement. http://www.EndChickensAsKaporos.com

        A Project of United Poultry Concerns
        http://www.upc-online.org

        View this article online: