UPC President Karen Davis Urges Confident Animal Activism - Listen In!

  • upcnews@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2013
      United Poultry Concerns - http://www.UPC-online.org/

      UPC President Karen Davis Urges Confident Animal Activism - Listen In!

      1. Pure Imagination Radio - 2 August 2013

      Tune in live Friday, August 2 at 4pm ET (1pm PT) to:
      http://prn.fm/listen-live/

      After that, the episode will be forever in the archives under
      "Pure Imagination."
      http://prn.fm/shows/music-shows/pure-imagination/

      "We have a very loyal animal rights audience and we try and gear our show to
      teens, and what they can do if they are just starting along the path of
      compassion. This will be super informative for our listeners (and hosts)."
      Jason Trachtenburg -- Producer "Pure Imagination."

      2. Animal Voices Vancouver Radio 100.5FM CFRO - 19 July 2013

      Listen here:
      https://soundcloud.com/unitedpoultryconcerns

      From Karen Davis' 2013 Vegetarian Summerfest talk entitled "Moving Beyond the
      Rhetoric of Apology in Animal Rights to Affirmative Activism." In this piece,
      longtime animal activist Karen Davis warns against the rhetoric of animal
      abusers and maintains that confidence is a necessary quality to possess in the
      face of protecting animals. She also makes the point that we need to focus our
      resources as best we can for the work that we choose to do for the animals.
      Karen Davis is the President and Founder of United Poultry Concerns.

      Alison Cole - Co-host/co-producer "Animal Voices Vancouver."
      http://www.animalvoices.org/

      http://www.UPC-online.org/ http://www.twitter.com/upcnews
      http://www.facebook.com/UnitedPoultryConcerns

      View this article online