(US/tx) The perks and problems of being a vegan

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2013
      [Texas A&M The Battalion - opinion]

      As of Monday, my month-long vegan challenge ended. For the past four
      weeks I went without eating any animal products, except for
      Thanksgiving when I had a moment of weakness. I was able to go without
      eating my staple food items, like eggs and the occasional fillet of
      salmon, and noticed differences in the way my body felt.

      Although I had done research on what to eat to maintain energy and
      stay healthy, about two weeks in I noticed how tired I was, probably
      from what I wasn’t including in my diet anymore. But I soon got back
      on the bandwagon and made sure I was eating all that I needed to.

      So now I thought I’d share what I did and didn’t like about this
      month’s experience.

      First off, I know I’ve said this before, but I loved my new sense of
      will power. It was so easy to pass up on the tasty treats that I would
      usually think about eating for half an hour, eat three times the
      amount I should and then regret it afterward because I was so full
      that I felt sick. I don’t think there have been any days these past
      month when I felt like that, even though I often find myself eating
      out of boredom.

      http://www.thebatt.com/the-perks-and-problems-of-being-a-vegan-1.2967131#.Udx-PZxtmKQ