(US/dc) Big Ag's Tactics to Stop Meatless Monday Are a Disgrace

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2013
      [Huffington Post]

      Talk about paranoia: I've just read that the catering company which
      runs the various cafeterias on Capitol Hill is stopping its promotion
      of "Meatless Mondays." The reason? An intensive meat industry front
      group, the entertainingly-named Farm Animal Welfare Coalition, has
      pressurized the catering company to cease supporting Meatless Monday
      on the basis that the promotion is actually an "acknowledged tool of
      animal rights and environmental organizations."

      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/andrew-gunther/big-ags-tactics_b_3542299.html