(IN/UK) Being vegetarian could give you cheaper life insurance

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2013
      [Times of India]

      An insurance company in the UK recently devised a special policy to
      reward vegetarians with low premiums.

      The reasoning, it is learnt, is because of the belief that a
      vegetarian lifestyle tends to make one healthier and live longer. The
      company says this makes vegetarians a better insurance risk.

      Vegetarian activist and former PETA India chief Anuradha Sawhney says,
      "This new policy is positive and quite right in their findings.
      Vegetarians and vegans are proven to be healthier and live longer,
      fitter lives. Ninety per cent of diseases are lifestyle-induced, be it
      diabetes, obesity, hypertension, etc. It all reflects on what an
      individual eats."

      Dietician Pooja Makhija too feels that such an insurance policy is
      welcome. She says, "Eating healthy and in moderation is something I've
      always advocated. An all-vegetarian diet for Indians is not new, we
      have our dals and sabzis as an integral part of our diet unlike the
      West."

      http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/health-fitness/diet/Being-vegetarian-could-give-you-cheaper-life-insurance/articleshow/20843599.cms