(US/nv) Being Vegan – The State of Vegan in Vegas

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 17, 2013
      [Las Vegas Informer - opinion]

      I am not a president, nor a governor or even a mayor. I aspire to
      none of these offices. It is usually given to one of these positions
      to deliver a state of the union, state of the city or similar kind of
      address as to what is happening and what we have to look forward to. I
      am just a guy who happens to love living in Las Vegas. There were a
      lot of things to like almost 10 years ago when I first moved from
      Northern California. It was here in Las Vegas that I chose to no
      longer consume animal products of any kind and become vegan almost six
      years ago. I will admit that I didn’t know any vegans here in Las
      Vegas then. There were some here, I just hadn’t met any yet. I
      wasn’t even sure where I could go to eat. Things have changed quite a
      bit since then. I would like to tell you a little bit about what is
      like being a vegan in Las Vegas right now.
      The first year was a 365 day project where I ate a different meal each
      day at a different restaurant for the entire year and blogged about it
      each day. It was an amazing experience. Not only is Las Vegas a
      great food city, it has become a great place to find a plant-based
      meal almost everywhere you look. While we don’t have a great number
      of purely-dedicated vegan restaurants like Pura Vida and The Go Raw
      Cafes, what we do have is a large and growing number of restaurants
      who have added plant-based options to their menus. ...

      http://lasvegas.informermg.com/2013/03/16/being-vegan-the-state-of-vegan-in-vegas/