(US/wa) Living like a vegan requires hard work

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2013
      [Note the strength gains the author describes in the article -- see
      full story link.]

      “Approximately 10 billion land animals are killed every year for food
      in the United States, and 58 billion are killed worldwide.”

      This sentence, from a 2009 study conducted by the Farm Animal Rights
      Movement, opened my eyes to the grisly reality that is the American
      diet. The billions of animals slaughtered each year only add to the
      already shocking statistics regarding the health of United States
      citizens.

      So, I decided to take an active role by not eating animal meat. I
      didn’t want to take part in causing harm to animals or be a datum of
      the shockingly horrible American health statistics.

      For my state-required Senior Culminating Project, I chose to
      investigate a scientific question: “How will a drastic change in diet
      affect my overall health over six months?”

      http://www.yakimaherald.com/home/navmenustories/856277-8/living-like-a-vegan-requires-hard-work

      SEE ALSO:
      Person of interest: Mike Elliot, Pittsburgh Vegan Meetup organizer
      Wonderful Health Benefits of a Vegetarian Diet