(U.S.) Environmental Footprint of Vegan and Vegetarian Diets 30% Lower

  • MaryFinelli@...
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2013
      on Animal_Net:

      Environmental footprint of vegan and vegetarian diets 30% lower than
      non-vegetarian diets, say researchers: ‘We have to drastically cut
      consumption of meat and dairy’

      If the evidence that plant-based diets are better for human health is
      compelling, the evidence that they are better for the planet is
      indisputable, delegates at the 6th International Congress on Vegetarian
      Nutrition were told..

      more at:
      http://tinyurl.com/co7tatc