Animal Place Documentary About the Largest Rescue of Egg-laying Hens in California History

  • UPC News
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2013
      United Poultry Concerns - http://www.UPC-online.org/

      Animal Place Documentary About the Largest
      Rescue of Egg-laying Hens in California History

      United Poultry Concerns is pleased to post TURLOCK, a feature-length
      documentary about the largest rescue of egg-laying hens in California history.
      4,100 hens were rescued by ANIMAL PLACE farmed animal sanctuary last February
      2012. Here is their story. Please watch this film and share it with everyone you
      know.

      http://animalplace.org/2013-turlock-hens-a-year-later

      Animal Place News

      February 2013

      Turlock hens sun-bathing for the first time

      It's time to celebrate and remember the first anniversary of Animal Place's
      largest rescue. Last February, we spearheaded a two-day rescue effort, saving
      the lives of 4,460 starving hens. With your support, we took in 4,100 of those
      4,460* hens and successfully placed them into loving homes (with 100 remaining
      permanently at the sanctuary).

      We now want to share with you TURLOCK, a feature length documentary of the
      rescue and its aftermath. Filmmaker Keegan Kuhn with First Spark Media takes you
      inside the largest rescue of farmed animals in California history.

      A year ago, we fought for 50,000 hens who had been abandoned by egg farmer Andy
      Cheung of A&L Poultry. The hens had been left without food for more than two
      weeks. A third had died and the remaining live birds were being gassed by state
      veterinary officials. [1]Watch our film to see how the rescue unfolded.

      We plan on submitting TURLOCK to film festivals!

      And last week, I was present at the court house as Andey Cheung and Lien Diep
      attended their first hearing. The two have been charged with felony animal
      cruelty for the suffering they inflicted on the hens at A&L Poultry. We will be
      present at every hearing, representing the hens who survived and those who did
      not.

      Our civil lawsuit, represented by Schiff-Hardin and Animal Legal Defense Fund is
      moving forward as well. Animal Place, Harvest Home Animal Sanctuary, and Farm
      Sanctuary are seeking to hold Andy Cheung and Lien Diep responsible for their
      actions.

      Great news as we celebrate the first anniversary of this monumental rescue
      effort.

      Thank you to everyone who helped with this rescue. The donors, staff,
      volunteers, and supporters. You made this happen.

      With compassion,

      Kim Sturla

      Executive Director

      PS. We will be submitting our film to film festivals, but we are making it
      available to the public for free...so please share this incredible film.

      *The rest went to other sanctuaries and rescue agencies.

      http://animalplace.org/2013-turlock-hens-a-year-later

      http://www.UPC-online.org/ http://www.twitter.com/upcnews
      http://www.facebook.com/UnitedPoultryConcerns

      View this article online: