(CA) Vegan diets for dogs gaining popularity among Toronto pet owners

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2013
      TORONTO -- Many Torontonians are going vegan, and that includes the
      four-legged ones.

      Vegan diets for dogs are becoming increasingly prevalent in Toronto as
      owners who follow the vegan lifestyle are implementing it on their
      pets.

      Ken Butland, 35, is a vegan who is passionate about his lifestyle and
      wanted to pass it down to his two dachshunds.
      Related Stories

      "My philosophy extends far beyond what I put in my mouth," says
      Butland. "Anyone who's dependent like a child or an animal, it's my
      responsibility to make sure I'm not buying products that are dependent
      on exploitation to other animals."

      http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/vegan-diets-for-dogs-gaining-popularity-among-toronto-pet-owners-1.1141145

      SEE ALSO:
      Steve O became a vegan in a bid to get saved

      Kirly-Sue aims to change image of vegetarian food