(US/nv) Being Vegan – Let’s Follow Israel’s Le ad

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2013
      [Las Vegas Informer - opinion]

      The United States of America pays close attention to what happens in
      Israel, whether it me politically, socially, religiously, or
      economically. They are are allies and we have generally aligned
      ourselves with them even though it puts us in a precarious standing
      with other countries. When Israel speaks, we tend to listen. So
      America, Israel is speaking…and it time to listen. In fact, Israel is
      doing more than just talking, they are taking action.

      As of January 1 of this year, Israel has put forth a ban on all
      cosmetics and household cleaning products manufactured by companies
      that utilize animal testing. The law was passed in 2010 but has just
      now taken effect.

      Israel has followed the model put forth by the European Union, which
      is in the final stages of banning cosmetics and household products
      created with animal testing which will begin in March. Businesses in
      Israel can sell products that are on their shelves right now but
      future imports of products that do not meet this criteria will be
      blocked. Israel has one of the highest rates of pet ownership in the
      world and have a very strong animal activist presence. Israel is also
      in the midst of a revolution of kindness that is sweeping the country
      as unprecedented numbers are becoming vegan and switching to a
      plant-based diet based on ethical, spiritual, environmental and health
      reasons.

      http://lasvegas.informermg.com/2013/01/05/being-vegan-lets-follow-israels-lead/