(US/wa) Redmond’s Flying Apron: Gluten-free, vegan treats with a community flavor

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2012
      [Redmond Reporter]

      At Flying Apron Bakery and Café, you can find all the usual suspects:
      cookies, muffins, scones and cupcakes. But these aren’t typical sweets
      that can be found wherever baked goods are sold — every product is 100
      percent gluten-free and vegan.

      Flying Apron, which opened on Redmond Way in May 2011, offers savory
      items such as lasagna, soup and pizza along with baked goods.
      Everything is made fresh daily and sent from the bakery’s other
      location in Fremont.

      Flying Apron co-owner Jeff Silva said that the biggest challenge in
      Redmond so far has been catering to a much different customer base
      than the original location in Fremont.

      “We want to create this sense of community, so we’re trying to figure
      out what that community is in Redmond and cater to them,” Silva said.

      http://www.redmond-reporter.com/business/181616841.html

      SEE ALSO:
      VEG OUT – Vegan Myths….Busted!
      Vegan at the Thanksgiving Table