(U.S.) Why Wasting Animal Protein is Unethical

  • MaryFinelli@Comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2012
      In the latest installment of our Protein Angst series, food waste expert Jonathan Bloom points to this fact: Roughly 20 percent of all meat produced in the U.S. doesn't get eaten.

      EVERY LAST BITE

      Why W asting A nimal P rotein is U nethical
      Grist, Jonathan Bloom, March 1, 2012

      This is not about the guilt-ridden question: Should I eat meat? That personal dilemma has already been debated thoroughly on Grist and elsewhere. Instead, here’s another dose of angst for us meat eaters, just in case we needed one:  If we’re going to condone the killing of animals, the least we can do is eat all of the resulting meat.

      more at:
      http://grist.org/food/every-last-bite-why-wasting-animal-protein-is-unethical/