(US/md) How to Be a Bad Vegetarian

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2012
      [Patch.com - opinion]

      When I first went vegetarian, I was in my senior year at Towson High
      School. I did it on a dare from vegan friends that just sort of stuck.
      I can go to Chipotle and order a burrito bowl (515 calories, 19 grams
      of fat). I can go to Panera Bread and order a tomato and mozzarella
      panini (770 calories, 29 grams of fat). I can go to Taco Bell and load
      up on bean and cheese burritos or order veggie fried rice from any
      Chinese restaurant in town. All of these things are vegetarian, but
      none is particularly good for me. No animals were harmed, but the
      sodium, fat and other fun things can surely harm a diet.

      And looking back, I think that's how I got to the point where I needed
      so badly to cut back. Even if you have good intentions and a good
      idea, it's important to follow through and eat things that make sense.
      There's no point in being vegetarian if you're going to order veggie
      burgers by the barrel.

      Fortunately, Towson offers plenty of better choices. Finally, I'm
      trading paninis for sunflower powerhouses. Expect to see me turn up at
      Zia's Cafe or Subway more often than I used to, with less time at
      Burger Bros. or Crush Cafe (though both are awesome).

      http://towson.patch.com/articles/how-to-be-a-bad-vegetarian-towson-waldman

      Animal Concerns Community - now on FACEBOOK - http://goo.gl/IqGNG