(US) 8 Plant-Based, Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Recipes

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2011
      [Huffington Post]

      I am in the restaurant business and Thanksgiving is one of the busiest
      days of the year. In my first year in business, I was looking forward
      to a day off. My plans for a much-needed day off had nothing to do
      with cooking or eating or the demands of feeding others. But, when a
      regular customer who would have be eating alone and wanted to eat a
      plant-based meal for the holiday, asked me to make him a little
      something, it was an offer I couldn't refuse.

      I had been vegetarian for over a decade. I had celebrated Thanksgiving
      at potlucks and cooked with vegetarians who were proud to have "saved
      a turkey." I had also been invited to eat at the tables of some
      serious home cooks who meticulously followed recipes published in the
      now defunct Gourmet magazine or from books like The Silver Palate or
      The Joy of Cooking.

      http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ann-gentry/thanksgiving-vegetarian-gluten-free_b_1093515.html

      Animal Concerns Community - now on FACEBOOK - http://goo.gl/IqGNG