Please Sign Our End-Chickens-as-Kaporos Petition for 2011

  • UPC News
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2011
      Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos - http://www.endchickensaskaporos.com

      Please Sign Our End-Chickens-as-Kaporos Petition for 2011
      Urge Kaporos Practitioners to Use Money Instead of Chickens
      http://www.change.org/petitions/urge-kaporos-practitioners-to-use-money-instead-of-chickens

      The Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos ("atonements") has created a new
      Change.org petition for 2011 urging three key rabbinical associations to oppose
      the cruel use of chickens in Kaporos rituals the week before Yom Kippur, the
      Jewish Day of Atonement (sunset Oct. 7 to sunset Oct. 8, 2011). Even if you
      signed our petition last year, PLEASE SIGN THIS ONE.

      This year we've added a new association – Chabad-Lubavitch headquartered in
      Brooklyn – along with the new president of the Rabbinical Council of America in
      New York City. Please add your signature and your voice. We've prepared a
      Petition Letter for you to sign, and you can write a personal message as well.
      Each signature and message goes directly and immediately to the intended
      recipients. A short video of Kaporos chicken slaughter in Brooklyn in 2010 can
      be viewed at:

      http://www.change.org/petitions/urge-kaporos-practitioners-to-use-money-instead-of-chickens

      Thank you for speaking up for the chickens and for a compassionate Kaporos
      experience.