(US/nc) Asheville Vegfest debuts Sunday

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2011
      ASHEVILLE — For Carmon Donnellan, northern Michigan is the land of
      fast-food veggie sandwiches and French fries. And that’s about it.

      A vegan who relocated to Asheville four years ago, Donnellan recently
      revisited her former Michigan home, and those were the only two dishes
      she found at restaurants that fit her animal-free diet.

      “You forget how good you have it here until you leave,” Donnellan
      said. “I’ve been vegan for five years, and there were people in
      (northern Michigan) who hated me just because I was vegan. It was a
      completely different atmosphere.”

      http://www.citizen-times.com/article/20110801/LIVING/308010012/Asheville-vegetarian-community-blossoms?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Entertainment|s