Rooftop Protest at Melbourne Egg Laying Farm on May 4, International Respect for Chickens Day

  • UPC News
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2011
      United Poultry Concerns

      Rooftop Protest at Melbourne Egg Laying Farm
      on May 4, International Respect for Chickens Day
      http://upc-online.org/respect/rooftop_egg_protest.html

      We organized a huge rooftop protest at an egg laying farm in Melbourne
      [Australia] on May 4, International Respect for Chickens Day! We had 22 people
      involved and 16 on the roof of the factory farm for 12 hours and 15 of us were
      arrested. We all face court for trespass on June 15 (We have good pro bono
      legal help).

      This is a link to our fb photo album about the action.

      http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150252427507195.373535.263328217194

      We got so much media from this event. Even two TV stations flew their
      helicopters overhead and ran the footage on the news that night and it was
      reported in Japan and Europe. It gets so frustrating and depressing at times to
      see and know there are now more animals than ever before being tormented and
      abused, but grassroots groups are also sprouting up everywhere and there is no
      doubt the time will come when human greed and selfishness collapse and things
      improve for animals.
      --
      Patty Mark, President
      Animal Liberation Victoria Inc.

      for a vegan world...

      --
      United Poultry Concerns is a nonprofit organization that promotes the
      compassionate and respectful treatment of domestic fowl.