Course with the Institute for Humane Education

  • Amy Morley
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2010
      I work with the Institute for Humane Education, a non-profit, 501(c)(3)
      organization dedicated to creating a humane world through humane education,
      and we have a course that we are offering this September that I wanted to
      share with you.

      As an activist/advocate concerned about food issues, you probably want to
      live a life more aligned with your values and to become a more effective,
      compassionate advocate, but you may be up against a variety of challenges
      and obstacles. The Institute for Humane Education is offering the chance to
      cultivate the skills, knowledge and motivation to live a meaningful life and
      become a changemaker for a better world through their month-long distance
      learning course, A Better World, A Meaningful Life (September 6-October 1).

      Through this course, you┬╣ll have the opportunity to assess your life,
      examine your values, explore new information and do more good for yourself,
      other people, animals, and the environment.

      Participants receive a copy of Most Good, Least Harm: A Simple Principle for
      a Better World and Meaningful Life by IHE President, Zoe Weil, and explore
      important questions, such as:
      * What do I want to be able to say about my life and what I've done to
      create a better world?
      * What are the impacts of my choices on myself, other people, other species
      and the environment?
      * How can I help transform destructive systems into positive ones?

      Find out more about A Better World, A Meaningful Life!
      http://humaneeducation.org/sections/view/better_world_meaningful_life
      Groups discounts available: sign up 3 or more friends, and get $45 off per
      person!

      Amy Morley
      Operations and Events Manager
      Institute for Humane Education
      P.O. Box 260
      Surry, Maine 04684
      Phone: (207) 667-1025; Fax: (877) 544-1025
      http://www.humaneeducation.org/
      The world becomes what you teach.