(UK) Terre à Terre, Brighton - 5 star review

  • john davis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2010
      from Times Online

      AA Gill (non-veg food critic) reviews Terre à Terre

      Food *****
      Atmosphere ***
      [ http://www.terreaterre.co.uk ]

      ... As you read this, Brighton may well have sprouted the nation's first
      green MP. ....

      ... We were here to eat at Terre à Terre, which has picked up a hand-made
      reputation for good food cooked by Amanda Powley with Philip Taylor. ...
      Nothing on the menu is anything you've eaten elsewhere. ...

      I was so intrigued by this food that I bought the cookbook,...

      And it's vegetarian!" Yes. Didn't I mention? This was meatless and
      fishless. Quite a lot of it actually vegan, ...

      .. it's incredibly good food, and I mean that in a credibly defying sense.
      It has understood the essential truth of vegetarianism: that it's just
      food....

      This is most probably the best vegetarian restaurant in Britain, but it's
      also better than that ghetto accolade. It is singularly and eccentrically
      marvellous.

      http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/food_and_drink/eating_out/a_a_gill/article7115474.ece