(US) Harrelson wants veggie choices in schools

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2010
      Vegan actor Woody Harrelson is urging U.S. government officials to
      support a bill enforcing healthy eating in schools across America.
      Now Harrelson and his wife Laura are appealing to Congress to bring
      similar practices into the lunchroom by backing the Healthy School
      Meals Act of 2010, which seeks to add vegetarian food and non-dairy
      beverages to cafeterias.

      A letter from the couple to Congress reads, "As parents, we ask you to
      support HR 4870, the Healthy School Meals Act of 2010. We know from
      watching our own children grow up that eating habits children develop
      early on stick with them for life. All too often, young people are
      offered processed meats and cheese and other greasy, high-fat,
      high-cholesterol foods.

      http://lifewise.canoe.ca/Parenting/2010/04/30/13781826-wenn-story.html

      SEE ALSO:
      PETA Wants a Vegetarian White House Correspondents Dinner