(US/ga) More vegan, vegetarian options requested

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2010
      [Red and Black]

      Next fall, more vegan and vegetarian food choices may be available in
      the University’s dining halls, in addition to the normal fall fare.

      Representatives from Speak Out for Species, a campus animal rights
      advocacy group, met with Food Services officials Thursday to speak
      about their concerns regarding vegan options in dining halls.

      “I had a hard time finding exciting vegetarian options to try in my
      freshman and sophomore years,” Suzie Fatkin, a graduate student from
      Warner Robins and SOS co-president, said in an e-mail interview. “My
      meals became very starchy and monotonous.”

      Fatkin said this lack of choice spurred her to petition for increased
      vegetarian and vegan options in the dining halls.

      http://www.redandblack.com/2010/02/28/more-vegan-vegetarian-options-requested/