(US) 10 Signs Vegetarianism Is Catching On

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2009
      [AlterNet]

      Martha Stewart promotes a vegetarian Thanksgiving? Recently, much
      attention has been lavished on the horrors of factory farming and the
      advantages of a meatless diet.
      On Thanksgiving, I spent some time taking stock of my life and the
      world around me and, as we’re supposed to do over the holiday, giving
      thanks for all the joys -- little and big -- in my life. One of the
      larger joys for which I am giving thanks is all of the recent
      attention that has been lavished on a topic that is near and dear to
      my heart -- the cruelty and environmental harm involved in raising
      animals for food.

      I struggled to cohesively construct an article about some of the many
      recent and important developments on this topic, but there is just too
      much. Instead, I decided on a top ten list (a tip of the hat to David
      Letterman) -- the 10 most interesting articles on the farmed animal
      welfare front.

      So without further ado:

      http://www.alternet.org/story/144241/10_signs_vegetarianism_is_catching_on
      or