NEWSBLAST(UK) Subway serves up vegetarian snub

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2009
      [guardian.co.uk - opinion]

      I recently visited a central London branch of the Subway fast food
      chain. It was late at night and, being a vegetarian, I looked for, but
      couldn't find, a veggie option. The staff refused to serve me a
      vegetarian sub and suggested I purchase a meat option and then pick
      the meat out! I am appalled at the service I received. EM, Blackheath,
      London

      The law doesn't actually compel a fast food retailer to supply
      vegetarian options.

      However, with 29,000 outlets in 87 countries, and a boast on its
      website that it "allows customers to have their sandwich made exactly
      they way they want it", Subway really let themselves down.

      http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/oct/10/subway-vegetarian-snub