(US) Going Meatless One Day a Week

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 9 3:17 PM
      [OpEdNews]

      Some thughts on going meatless one day a week - starting hopefully
      with our President, our elected officials, and of course, ourselves.

      ::::::::

      I hope that President Obama, the members of Congress, and the rest of us will
      all consider going meatless one day of the week. Pie-in-the-sky thinking?
      Maybe, but I hope not. We only have one earth and we should try to do whatever
      it takes to save it.

      Heather Moore has written yet another very worthwhile article on Care2
      called "Are Meatless Mondays Going Global? I think the best way I can condense
      her article is by asking some thought-provoking questions for which- in my
      opinion, she has very good answers.
      The 7 meatless Fridays during Lent we now observe are hardly comparable to the
      impact of the the 52 meatles Fridays of the past. If we had been
      observing meatless
      Fridays -can you imagine how many animal lives would have been spared? Can
      you imagine how much less methane green gas would have been expelled into the
      air since then?

      Since I'm a vegan, I don't have to pick a day - but if I did - I would
      choose Friday
      again as remembering the day Jesus died on the cross.

      http://www.opednews.com/populum/diarypage.php?did=14023