(US) An open letter of invitation to Ingrid Newkirk

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2009
      [Vegan Examiner]

      Ingrid Newkirk

      As president and co-founder of The People for the Ethical Treatment of
      Animals (PETA), you've publicized the appeal for going vegetarian and
      avoiding fur. The campaigns of PETA have drawn attention around the
      world for their sexual portrayals of scantily clad women and colorful
      mockeries of food establishments such as PETA's KFC Cruelty campaign.
      The purpose of this letter is to humbly request your participation in
      debating Gary L. Francione, Distinguished Professor of Law and
      Philosophy at Rutgers University School of Law under my moderation.
      The invitation has already been accepted by Professor Francione, so
      the ball is now in your court.
      I am hereby offering you this chance to publicly debate Professor Gary
      Francione to offer your side of this disagreement. As individuals who
      care deeply for sentient animals, it is of vital importance we
      approach the problem of animal use and cruelty with sound ideology and
      practice. If the perceived sexism and violence of PETA campaigns is
      misunderstood, I and my readers would like to give you the opportunity
      to speak on behalf of PETA on the issue of campaigning and animal
      rights ideology. This interview may be done over the phone or by
      other means over the Internet. I will be patiently awaiting your
      reply.

      http://www.examiner.com/x-4198-Vegan-Examiner~y2009m8d1-An-open-invitation-to-Ingrid-Newkirk