(US/ne) 'Veganism is tedious and time consuming'

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2009
      [Omaha Vegan Examiner]

      When non-vegan journalists do a report on veganism, expect a relay of
      stereotypes. Expect to pinch the bridge of your nose to force your
      eyes shut, hoping it will all just go away.

      Is veganism tedious and time consuming?

      The public already has their preconceived notions of what being a
      vegan entails. So it doesn't help when a news magazine pulls a stunt
      like putting the spotlight on an individual with a certain disease (an
      event happening constantly and to all types of people) while labeling
      them as a "vegan" (rather than, you know, a "person") it pushes back
      our efforts to dispell the storm of outrageous myths keeping
      intelligent people from joining a non-violent movement.

      I couldn't help but pass along just such an article, "Vegetarianism
      has become mainstream, is vegan[ism] next?" Okay, stop. What?
      Vegetarianism is mainstream? Why didn't anyone tell me this?
      Nevermind that, tell me why vegans are getting chance in the
      spotlight:

      http://www.examiner.com/x-4198-Omaha-Vegan-Examiner~y2009m6d6-Veganism-is-tedious-and-time-consuming?cid=exrss-Omaha-Vegan-Examiner