World Vegan Day Message from Moby

  • The Vegan Society
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2002
      Message:

      I've been a vegan now for 16 years, which for some people might
      seem like an unbearably long time to go without animal
      products, but quite the opposite, actually. It surprises people to
      find out just how much I enjoy being a vegan, especially from a
      culinary perspective. When I was a carnivore my diet was limited.
      As a vegan it's seemingly limitless, what with necessity being
      the mother of invention.

      I'm often asked, 'well, as a vegan, what do you eat?' which
      seems like such a strange question. What do non-vegans eat?
      Meat, cheese, milk, eggs? Vegans eat everything else. Indian
      food, Chinese food, Mexican food, Thai food, Japanese food,
      African food, and so on, and so on.

      Whether I'm having a pan bagnia sandwich (olive tapenade,
      roasted red peppers, basil and onions, on ciabatta bread) at
      Teany, my restaurant, or having marinated exotic mushrooms
      with mixed baby greens and an orange vinaigrette in Paris, or
      having fajitas in Los Angeles, or vegan Chinese food in lower
      Manhattan, or vegan Pad Thai in Melbourne, or etc etc - I'm
      always a very happy eater.

      Primarily I'm a vegan for ethical reasons, but if the truth be told
      it's the culinary aspect of veganism that has sustained me for 16
      years of animal-product free living.

      Thanks to The Vegan Society for promoting a way of life that is
      ethical and tasty.

      Moby