(US/az) A vegan's letter to Tina Fey

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2009
      [Phoenix Vegan Examiner - opinion - videos at full story link]

      Hey Tina,

      First of all, I'm a big fan--I don’t think anyone will be forgetting
      your Sarah Palin impersonations any time soon. But I have to ask about
      your choice of scene in the movie “Baby Mama.” Yeah, it was that raw
      food restaurant scene. I’ll be the first to admit that I thought it
      was pretty funny, especially the whole ‘yeasty’ part.

      But I have to ask… have you been to a raw vegan restaurant? I know
      they’re hard to find here in the US, but they’re so amazingly good. I
      took my mother to one called Café Gratitude in San Francisco, and she
      thought it was so incredibly tasty. And this is a person who was born
      and raised on a farm, very much carnivorous, etc, but she took one
      bite of the raw chocolate cake and was just stunned at how good it
      was. So, it’s not like I’ve been hanging around the guy with the ‘fro
      in the video or anything. She puts me and my weird habits in my place
      if something vegan doesn’t taste great. I figured I’ll break down your
      two ordered dishes and elaborate on their role in raw foods.

      Yes, nutritional yeast sounds like a very odd food product. I have no
      idea who in the movie came up with your dish, but I’m guessing it
      wasn’t someone who had a clue about yeast used in raw foods. ...

      http://www.examiner.com/x-4348-Phoenix-Vegan-Examiner~y2009m2d27-A-vegans-letter-to-Tina-Fey